Special Yoga Trainings in Ireland – 2020
Our Specialist Trainings are unique in their nature and targeted towards specific populations. By taking these training you will learn the benefits of yoga as a therapeutic intervention and how to adapt it for chosen populations and acquire a toolset you can use after completion.
For those wanting to work with children with special needs , there is the possibility to affiliate with The Special Yoga Foundation and become part of a worldwide Sangha of Special Yoga (SY) practitioners. This flagship training ‘Special Yoga for Special Children’ is a pre-requisite for becoming one of its practitioners. Ongoing training will help to continually refine and develop your skills and abilities as a practitioner.
Specialist Trainings, open to:
– Parents of children with special needs: Our therapeutic trainings will give you skills to support your child, yourself and your family.
– Paediatric professionals: You will expand your tool set and develop skills to use yoga as part of your therapeutic practise.
– School teachers: You will learn beneficial tools to use the healing practises of yoga with the children in your schools.
– Also: Occupational therapists, yoga teachers, trainee yoga teachers, carers, educational psychologists, and anyone else working in the health or education sectors.
Special Yoga & Mindfulness Training for Children with Autism, ADHD and Learning Difficulties
3 Day Intensive
Dates: Next course will take place in The University if Limerick in 2020.
If you would like to be placed on the mailing list please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This intensive three-day course will give you the experience to use Yoga and Mindfulness therapeutically to benefit Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and ADD/ADHD.
It assists you to develop the confidence to effectively plan and sequence one-to-one and group Yoga and Mindfulness sessions that lead to increased well-being for this population. It will also allow you to bring the benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness into your own daily life.
This course has been a springboard to further interest and learning. It has inspired me to incorporate my own Yoga practice with the children I work with. I also liked that we got the opportunity to watch Jo work, it galvanised the learning. -R M
– Open to Yoga Teachers with an interest in teaching Yoga to children and to Trainee Yoga Teachers with experience of teaching.
– Also open to School Teachers,Early Years Educators, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and others working in the field of paediatrics .
– Using and implementing Yoga to support self-regulation, body awareness, motor planning and coordination
– How a basic Yoga practice influences and enhances bodily functions, brain chemistry and behavior
– How to balance the child’s nervous system
– Using Yoga as a daily ‘sensory diet’
– Understanding how and why Yoga works for these populations
– Analysis of basic Yoga postures: physiological and therapeutic benefits, and the components of a balanced programme
– Classroom Yoga
Course certificates are delivered by Special Yoga UK and are accredited by Yoga Alliance